Klorofolun, known as Chloroformin' in Lunar Knights, is a spirit of darkness made of dark matter that appear as enemies in the Boktai series and are used by Ghouls to attack. When Klorofolun comes into contact with the player, it sticks and begins to drain his life. Fortunately, it can be shaken off and destroyed. They are weak to sunlight and disappears when exposed to it.
In addition to normal Klorofolun, there are other types:
- Burrnun: Red Klorofolun with Flame property that burns in contact. Burnboks can summon them in the first game. Renamed Burnin' in Lunar Knights.
- Chillun: Blue Klorofolun with Frost property that slow down the target in contact. Chillboks can summon them in the first game. Renamed Chillin' in Lunar Knights.
- ???: (This type has no official name) A type of Klorofolun summoned by Vaniboks in the first game which, like the Vaniboks, is only visible in darkness.
- Panickin': Klorofolun from Lunar Knights with Cloud property that confuses the target in contact.
- Poisonin': Klorofolun from Lunar Knights with Earth property that causes poison in contact.
The name Klorofolun is probably derived from Chloroform, a organic compound. Chloroform does not undergo combustion in air, although it will burn when mixed with more flammable substances. It has myriad uses as a reagent and a solvent. It is also considered an environmental hazard.