Solar Guns are magic weapons that harness the power of the sun to fire bolts of energy to destroy and/or purify enemies.
- (For more information on a specific frame, visit the main article Frames.)
Frames allow the stored Energy of the Battery to be shoot by the Gun, most frames acts differently. For example, a certain frame can allow the gun to shoot rapid-fire bursts, while another frame causes your gun to shoot a spread beam. However, other frames are just upgraded versions of the same Frame, like Axel begin an inferior version of Tempest.
Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hands
- Shot and Spread:
- Fighter, Knight, Crusader, and Dragoon.
- Fencer, Swordsman, Swordmaster and Samurai.
- Axel, Vortex, Tornado and Tempest.
- Spear, Lance, Javelin and Phalanx.
- Rapid Fire:
- Knife, Dagger, Gradius, and Calamity.
- Special Shot:
- Juggler, Wizard, Stalker, Beatmania and Guardian.
- Dark Gun Part:
Boktai 3: Sabata's Counterattack
In this Entry, no Frames have an improved version, each one has a specific function and purpose for battle or utility.
Lenses allow the Solar Gun to shoot different elements (The equivalent of Lunar Knights' terrenials) and they each have three levels: I, II, and III. The more you use them, the more likely that they will level up. When they level up, they will do more damage. In Boktai 3, they don't level up and the Dark Lens was replaced by the Astro Lens.
- Sol: Cause sol damage, first lens available.
- Luna: Cause no damage, but push enemy back (uses no energy).
- Fire: Cause fire Damage, melts Ice Blocks.
- Ice: Cause ice Damage, put out fire.
- Cloud: Cause cloud damage, break Stone Blocks with two shots.
- Earth: Cause earth damage, revive plants.
- Dark:` Deal Dark damage, hurt enemies.
- Star: Charge straight to solar station, see how much solar energy you have stored.
- Astro: Uses energy from Solar Bank instead of energy gauge.
Batteries store energy. The bigger the battery, the more energy it can store. You will keep every battery you find on your journey, So it's a good idea to keep them all charged up to swap out if you don't have time to charge.
Bombs are first found in the -- Dungeon, unlike most gun parts, they act independently from the mainframe and have limited Ammo that can be found in treasure chest all accross the dungeons.
Although completely optional, these small bombs have a variety of uses, from finding hidden items to the standard exploding variety.
Guild Solar Guns
Unlike Gun del Sol, these Solar Guns are mass-produced and un-customizable, they come in a default shape, and with default abilities, they can still be improved with alchemy by collecting Junk Parts. They all share a universal-type of Lense that mainly has an inherent Sol-Element, but this can be changed with the help of terrenials. And like Boktai 3, they all have a default orange-colored Magic-Battery that link's the User's Spirit to the Gun's Ammo. Most members start or use the Knight Solar Gun for both training or as their default weapons, however, Leaders have their own customized Solar Gun.
- Bomber: (ボマー) This Solar Gun converts the sun's energy into Explosive grenades, which, though their range is somewhat limited, can fire over walls and other obstacles. This gun was a personal favorite of Lucian's (Sabata in the Japanese version) when he was a Guild gunslinger by the name of Sartana. Upgrading this gun will increase the area of effect of its shots.
- Dragoon: (ドラグナー, Dragoner in Japan) This Solar Gun is a lot like a flamethrower or blowtorch. It expells a stream of energy in the form of the current terrenials Aaron has equipped, and for anyone else, it will shoot Sol energy. The Guild's current leader, Ernest, favors this Solar Gun. Upgrading this gun will increase the damage and size of the flame.
- Knight: (ナイト) A standard Solar gun in the form of a pistol, used by a majority of the Guild members. It fires small bursts of energy, but later in the game, it can be upgraded to fire charged shots for more damage. Do note that using the charged shots will cause recoil.
- Ninja: (ニンジャ) Dual Solar pistols that are a little smaller and lighter then the standard Knight (mentioned above), these weapons don't do much damage per shot as the other guns. However, the rapid-fire shots can pelt enemies with a constant stream of bullets, so the damage can really add up. This is a favorite of Kay's, the Guild's Second-in-Command. Upgrading this gun will increase its rate of fire.
- Witch: (ウィッチ) This Solar Gun is a homing rocket launcher, whose rockets will automatically aim for the nearest enemy. This gun was once Sartana's, but was inherited by Bea of the Guild. Upgrading this gun will increase its rate of fire.
- In the Mega Man Battle Network series, there are Battle Chips of the Gun del Sol.
- Solar Gun: Knight can be obtained as a secret weapon in Metal Gear Solid 4, however, it is a non-lethal weapon, only able to knock out enemy soldiers. Humorously, it is more effective against Vamp.